3117 Civic Circle Blvd Ste B
Marion, IL 62959
Phone: (618) 998-0970
Fax: (618) 998-1291
Hours of Operation8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
Monday through Friday
For over 35 years, Man-Tra-Con Corporation has been providing recruitment services, employee-based training programs and dislocated worker assistance to businesses located in Local Workforce Area 25, comprised of Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Perry and Williamson counties. With guidance from our Chief Local Elected Officials and the Southern Illinois Workforce Development Board, we work to improve the quality of life for all customers we serve.
Our primary mission is to collaborate effectively with our workforce partners to create quality workforce solutions throughout LWA #25. In addition, Man-Tra-Con collaborates with innovative partners in economic development, healthcare, community and social service and education to create unique solutions to the workforce challenges we face.
Man-Tra-Con supports the economic health of southern Illinois by providing services designed to build a quality workforce. We devote special effort to identifying the needs of local employers so that we can provide the quality workers each needs. Through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) federal funding, we are pleased to offer the following programs and services for local businesses — ALL AT NO COST:
- Job Posting, Recruitment and Screening Assistance — Employer Services Representative Deb Keelin is available to help employers recruit and screen qualified applicants. In addition, job orders are posted to resource room job boards, our website and Facebook page. Man-Tra-Con also partners with the Illinois Department of Employment Security and the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity to post jobs on IllinoisJobLink.com and IllinoisworkNet.com.
- On-The-Job-Training — Participating businesses in the On-the-Job Training (OJT)* program may receive up to a 50% reimbursement of employee wages during the training period. This is a “hire-first” program in which the employer, either public or private, enters into an agreement with his or her local Illinois workNet Center to hire, train, and retain the individual upon successful completion of the training program.
- Incumbent Worker Training — The Incumbent Worker Training (IWT)* program helps employers develop and implement training programs for existing employees who need new or upgraded skills to retain employment. Based on the size of a company, up to 90% of training costs may be reimbursed.
- Work Experience Program — The intent of the Work Experience Program (WEP)* is to provide job seekers with the opportunity to prove they possess the basic skills, knowledge and work ethic within a specific work environment. This program is designed specifically for a job seeker who may have barriers to employment, such as poor work history, lack of experience, etc.
As a customer of Man-Tra-Con, the job seeker will have worked with a Career Specialist, shown dedication to finding employment, and completed a work readiness program. Man-Tra-Con Corporation is the employer of record during the Work Experience training period, which should be a planned, structured learning experience for the participant.
- Rapid Response Dislocated Worker Services — For businesses considering a “mass-layoff” or plant closure, Man-Tra-Con is able to help displaced workers as they transition to new opportunities by providing job search and/or training assistance for those seeking new career paths.
*NOTE: All training programs are dependent upon funding availability.
For additional information about Man-Tra-Con Employer Services, please contact Kathy Lively, CEO, at (618) 998-0970, ext. 237, or visit our website at http://www.mantracon.org.