About City of Marion Housing Authority
Our goals are to:
- Improve the quality of assisted housing
- Increase assisted housing choices
- Provide an improved living environment
- Promote self-sufficiency and asset development of families and individuals
- Ensure equal opportunity and affirmatively further fair housing
The City of Marion Housing Authority was formed in January of 1978. It began with a small Section 8 Existing Certificate Program. In 1981 the first development, the Homer Butler High-Rise, was built. Today, the Housing Authority manages 328 apartments and has a Housing Choice Voucher Program issuing 120 vouchers.