City of Marion Housing Authority
501 N. Market Street
Phone: (618) 997-1258
Fax: (618) 997-2680
Text the word: CMHA To: 72727
Hours of OperationMonday – Friday
8:30am – 12pm | 1pm – 4:30pm
The City Of Marion Housing Authority aims to promote adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity, and a suitable living environment free from discrimination.
Our goals are to:
- Improve the quality of assisted housing
- Increase assisted housing choices
- Provide an improved living environment
- Promote self-sufficiency and asset development of families and individuals
- Ensure equal opportunity and affirmatively further fair housing
The City of Marion Housing Authority was formed in January of 1978. It began with a small Section 8 Existing Certificate Program. In 1981 the first development, the Homer Butler High-Rise, was built. Today, the Housing Authority manages 328 apartments and has a Housing Choice Voucher Program issuing 120 vouchers.